Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tooth Fairy Blunders

Connor has now lost 4 teeth, for those of you keeping track. All on the bottom. The last one he pulled out himself on Saturday morning right as we were leaving to go his basketball game. So I quickly got him a Ziploc and told him to put it away and off we ran to basketball. When we got home I sent the boys downstairs to play while I got ready for the bridal shower that was to be at our house. They were so good to play until Ryan got home from his trip to Washington DC, with only 20 minutes to go before the shower. I was a little flustered at this point. So he grabbed the boys and took them to a birthday party, shopping, etc. while I had a great time with a great group of ladies.
A few hours later the boys returned home and Connor wanted to show his dad his tooth, only we couldn't find it. We searched high and low to no avail. But Connor wasn't worried because he figured the tooth fairy would be able to find it anywhere in the house with her magical powers - YIKES! The search intensified at that point, as the tooth fairies powers were not feeling all that magical!
Well, I got after Connor for not putting things where they ought to go, he insisted that he left it right on the counter....it was at this point that I had my aha moment. I vaguely remembered throwing away an "empty" Ziploc bag right before the shower began. Ryan was good enough to go through twos bag of trash with Connor to find the Ziploc. There it was at the bottom of the second bag filled with plates, cups, and scraps of food from the 30 ladies at the shower. Dad saved the day, the tooth made it under the pillow, where it remains today. That darned tooth fairy must be on vacation! At least that is what Connor has been told, I have a feeling she may return tonight, if it doesn't get too late!

4 comments:

Jana Jensen said...

Well, once our tooth fairy"vacationed" for so long that Coleson gave his tooth to Bridger to put under his pillow to see if he'd have better luck. Bridger agreed to it if he could have 1/2 the profits. That fairy needs a kick in the but sometimes.

Nielson said...

That's so funny! It's just so hard to keep track of everything! But, I'm glad it all worked out.

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

BAD BAD TOOTHE FAIRY!! Lily would have killed me if I forgot the tooth fairy! She has lost 2 teeth and its amazing how happy a child can get about a tooth and a buck under a pillow!

Kobe Family said...

I personally know that the tooth fairy has had her arm under Erin's pillow as she has rolled onto it and had to slowly pull it out so as not to wake Erin. Now Erin is encouraged to put it on the dresser incase the toothfairy is in a hurry and can't find her tooth and therefore miss out on much anticipated cash!