Thursday, May 14, 2009

Your thoughts...

This may be a question for the all knowing Jake , but I thought I would throw it out there for all of you.
Is it humane to de-claw infants? I mean, we do it to cats, dogs, even some birds, they don't seem to mind, and that is only to save couches. What about saving me?
It has been weighing on my mind lately as I clip fingernails for the umpteenth time, only to be clawed viciously each time I pick up my little "angel". Seriously, my neck, chest, and arms are covered with scratches. I can't escape all the lacerations given to me daily.
As for the boys, I am just tired of the filth that accumulates under their fingernails. I suppose I could paint their nails black so you don't see the dirty blackness under them, but the maintenance ... oh my. What is a mom to do?

1 comment:

Turbo said...

Hahaha, I'm stumped on that one too. I actually have a big scratch on my wrist that Piper gave me this week.