Monday, May 4, 2009

Fire Safety

I decided to read the story in Daniel about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego to the boys before bedtime tonight. Not sure how, but they hadn't heard it until tonight. Anyway, we got to the part where the guards go to throw the three stalwart young men in the furnace and "the flame of the fire slew those men" who were to cast Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego into the furnace. Tate was exceedingly concerned for the guards, but not Connor. He said, "they should have tried touching the handle first and then they would have known that it was hot and they would have known not to go in there. I learned that in fire safety."
Well done, way to liken the scriptures unto yourself. I was going for the obedience and not being afraid to stick up for what is right and courage lesson, but fire safety is good too!
Then at the end of the chapter king Nebuchadnezzar (try spelling that without using a reference!) made a decree that anyone who shall speak evil against the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego "shall be cut in pieces, and their houses be made a dunghill." I don't know about you but I would not like to be cut into pieces. Again, this is not what concerned the boys. They immediately were grossed out and asked, "does that mean they will have to live in poo houses? I would never want to live in a poo house!"
Given the two options, I would choose poo house. I hope they got something good out of that! I guess the scriptures really do teach everything, today we had fire safety and hygiene!

5 comments:

Elena said...

Sometimes I feel like I live in a poo house. Too many bums to wipe. Your boys are awesome and fabulous. I wouldn't have expected anything else from such cuties.

Nielson said...

I would definetly prefer a "poo house"--that is too funny! And fire safety--that is very perceptive! :)

Karli said...

Funny stuff. I miss those little boys!

Jenny said...

That is really cute - I love the imagination of little ones!

Lia said...

That's so cute!!