Monday, July 18, 2011

"Old" Friends

I love people. I always have and I'm sure I always will. I love friends, new and old and everything in between. People bring so much enrichment and emotion and pleasure into our lives. I have been pleasantly surprised at how many visitors we have had while living out here in the DC area. Many are on their way to work related conferences or seminars. Others are coming to visit the area and see all the many wonders of DC, while others actually came just to see us - or at least that is what I like to believe. Regardless, we have been greatly blessed by many friends and family who have made their way eastward over the last 7 months.
The most recent to visit us was Blake. We LOVE Blake - he is Uncle Blake around these parts and the kids absolutely adore him. He wrestles with the boys, snuggles with McCall, teases and jokes and tortures - just as an uncle should.  We were so glad to have Blake here for a few days and we had several fun adventures with him.
It also turns out that our good friend Matt, and Kristen and family, live out this way now to. Just two hours south in Richmond. They arrived here 5 months before we did, so they are the resident experts! They have tenure here. So we all ventured down to the Richmond area to see what it had to offer and we were not disappointed. It was BEAUTIFUL. We can't wait to go back!

 Hard to believe that 17 years, ummm, let's just stop there!
It's hard to believe that we all met 17 years ago! Is that possible?
Holy crap, I feel old now.
Well, I'm sure we all still look 18 ....

But look what has happened in 17 years ...
All these fun kids (lined up according to age).
Hannah, Connor, Katherine, Tate, Gage, Elizabeth, Olivia, McCall and Jonathan
We had a great time!
Thanks for having us!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Fun times! Friends make this life more fabulous! What would we do without friends?! Glad Uncle Blake could have such a great trip. I can't believe all those cute kids lined up!