As I have been thinking about that statement a lot of things have come to mind, most of them experienced within the last two weeks.
- children "throwing" up
- cleaning "throw" up
- "throwing" snowballs
- "throwing" in the towel each night at bedtime
- "throwing" out garbage from countless school projects being brought home (as a side note, elementary schools must be the biggest money maker for loggers)
- "throwing" dirty clothes in the hamper, then in the washer, then the dryer
- "throwing" dinner together (pancakes tonight)
- "throwing" tantrums and trying to deal with them and discipline them
- "throwing" arms around each other each day to welcome the day and say goodnight
- "throwing" clothes on and breakfast in so we can get out the door on time
- "throwing" kids in the car and seat belts on
- "throwing" birthday parties (okay I am slacker at this one, but we did just celebrate McCall's first birthday)
So, if the "throws" of motherhood is more of this, bring it on, I love it. I have been finding motherhood to be the most wonderful full time job ever, and I am not just saying that. I really love the stage of life we are in, I love having all day with the kids and seeing them learning and growing and still willing to snuggle, give hugs and kisses and tell me they love me. I love being in the "throws of motherhood." Thank you for that blessing and gift.