Sunday, December 20, 2009

Gingerbread Mania

We had so much fun making gingerbread houses. This year each of the boys got to make their own, still undecided on whether this was a good idea or not ... but fun nonetheless. Tate was the most meticulous as always. Connor was interested in making patterns and eating. Gage just wanted to see how much candy and junk he could possibly fit on his before it collapsed. Wow, those things can hold a lot of sugar!

McCall was already in bed for the night so I attempted to make hers, I had special pink candies and everything. In my mind it was going to be the cutest gingerbread house ever, and it was - but only in my mind. Ryan assembled it for me as I helped the boys out with theirs. Then I started decorating - cinnamon toast crunch shingles for the roof, pink m&m walkway, wreaths in the windows, icing icicles, such a beauty. In the middle of my decorating Gage paused from stuffing his face with candy and belted out, "Mom, your gingerbread house looks like a disaster!" For the life of me I could not understand what he was talking about, I thought it was looking good!

At that point it was time for the kids to get to bed. We tucked them in and did our nightly routine and Ryan and I headed back out to the kitchen to clean up the mess.

Lo and behold my gingerbread house had split in two and really was a disaster. Not sure how that happened, perhaps the superior engineering by Ryan?





No comments: