Thursday, March 11, 2010

Whining

I have been reading a lot today and I have been uplifted and edified, I need to do this WAY more often. But I had to put this quote down as one of my all time favorites :)

"No misfortune is so bad that whining about it won't make it worse."
Jeffrey R. Holland
Whining has always been one of my biggest pet peeves. I have always believed that whining just makes things worse and frustrates and annoys. I try to avoid whiny people, they get on my nerves. I just can't take it. My kids know that they get no where with whining. But I am afraid I have not been too great at avoiding it myself lately.
I try hard not to whine, I'm not always successful as my husband can testify. I have whined to him a lot lately about him being gone so much, doing all good things and things that we really feel strongly about, but just the same, I miss the guy. So I needed to read this today to remind me just how good I have it. Glad we have eternity together to catch up on these last few missed months. Love you Ryan.
For any of you struggling with gratitude read this and you will feel so uplifted, I know I did.

1 comment:

Dana M. said...

That is a very good quote. I think I'll need to post it around my house...we're big time whiners and it really doesn't do any good!