Monday, January 19, 2009

The Movies

Another great day at the movies. I was privileged to take all the kids to the movies this afternoon. Ryan had to work, but Connor had the day off at school so we decided to go watch "Bedtime Stories". It was a fun movie and the boys thoroughly enjoyed it. McCall slept through it and was a perfect little angel. But that is where the fun stopped.
It was our typical movie, the popcorn was dumped all over the floor, the root beer also met its demise on the now sticky floor. Well, there was a little wailing and carrying on over the loss of our delicious movie treats. But it got worse, Gage decided that he really needed to go potty during the middle of the movie so I took him, only to find out that he had already wet his pants! Grrrr, I literally took him potty as we were leaving the house. Oh well, he had to sit in his wet pants for the last half, which didn't seem to bother him one bit. Then we had another accident, another one of my boys, who will remain unnamed due to embarrassment, wet his pants too! Are you kidding me? So I am pretty sure we left as much liquid behind as we took with us.
We won't be sitting in row F, seats 16-19 again and I suggest you don't either! I think I ought to give Ryan the opportunity next time, it's not fair that I get to have all the fun all the time!

6 comments:

TL said...

Sounds like a successful trip to the movies! ha ha I'm pretty sure you are super brave just to take 4 kids to a movie. Thanks for sharing!

Elena said...

Last time I took the boys to a movie alone I ended up going to the bathroom 6 times with one or the other. I'm sorry you spent good money on a movie and treats. Yay McCall for being the lady.

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

HAHAHAHAHHAAHA KARA!! I am laughing SOOO hard! How brave are you!! Going to the movies ALONE with 4 kids? You are my hero!! Wanna take my kids with you next time?

Lia said...

Oh you poor thing. That story kind of gave me a little anxiety! You forgot to tell us which theatre to avoid!

Anna said...

Aaaaggghhhhh. Dontcha just hate that?! Our youngest wet the bed the last night of our vacation. Now I have to figure out how to launder a giant sleeping bag. I'm glad it wasn't mine.

gaddis said...

Between this post and your laundry post - I think I just peed in my pants! Ha Ha Ha!