Saturday, July 26, 2008

"Something on my mind"

Recently, while visiting family in Canada, Connor came in the house from playing to reveal a secret to me. He was quite concerned that I keep it a secret, so I am going to tell all of you. He confessed to having something on his mind. I thought, maybe moving back to Canada, pulling a prank on someone, or something mischievous. But no, it was way worse than that. He confessed to having girls on his mind! WHAT? Is this normal for 6? Both he and his cousin, Coleson, have a special someone that they told each other about and evidently had quite a conversation regarding these unnamed young ladies. Unbelievable! So I asked him, "what do you mean girls are on your mind?" To which he replied, "I can't get them out of my head! They are stuck in there and it's all I can think about." I tried to think quickly and came up with, if he stopped thinking of girls so much and concentrated more on learning to ride his bike then he would be able to take the training wheels off. Well, the kid has fortitude, by the end of the afternoon he was riding a 2 wheeler and has girls back on his mind. He has also learned to tie his shoes thanks to this new anti-girl method. Now to think of other things he can accomplish, algebra, trig, biology....I'll try anything to get those girls out of his mind!

4 comments:

TL said...

What a cute little girl crazy boy you've got on your hands. He cracks me up! Best of luck with the ladies in 1st grade Connor boy!

Anna said...

Liam informed me in kindergarten that there was a girl he was going to marry in his class because when he and his friend Jack did "Eeny Meeny Miney Moe," it ended up on Liam. So, we'll see if Liam grows up to marry a girl named Lauren. I like the idea of getting girls out of one's head by accomplishing a major task! I'm going to try that one with all of my boys! Does it work on girls too?

garybeckyandkids said...

what a great idea- when my kids have something on their mind I might not think should be there yet I will definately try to have them learn something to get it off- awesome!

Kobe Family said...

I found out, this summer, that Erin has KISSED a boy on the cheek! But I find this out only after she told my sister and mother in law. Luckily they snitched on her. I asked her who this boy was and she said "oh, just a boy in my class". That's not what I heard! So at least he's telling you!