Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Summer time fun -

I don't know what this little girl is going to do without her constant side kicks around during school hours. She talks big and acts like she is excited to have "girl time" with mom. But when it comes down to it she has spent the last two days asking me every five minutes if it is time to pick up the boys yet. Only to pick them up and she won't let them in the door because it is "girls only"! What a tease!
But on to what this post is supposed to be about.
Our summer has come and gone and I have been absent in the blog-o-sphere.

I guess we were just having to much fun playing and travelling and playing and a little more playing. We just returned from a few weeks in Utah where we ran around like crazy getting everything in. But the best part was a wedding - yep, that's right, I got a new brother-in-law, which is probably good since a few of my old ones were getting, well ... old.  But we will still keep them around to! More on that later.
We loved beautiful weather over the summer and we were lucky enough to enjoy heat and humidity, then heat and dry while we visited Utah. Ahhh, the joys. But for the first time in my life I had a tan - thanks to swim lessons at the pool each day and it being to hot and humid to do anything else. The kids enjoyed their "swimmers" tans, I guess they preferred them over the "farmers" tans that we all usually have.
So now I have some things to catch up, I can't promise that they will be in chronological order, because the truth is I don't think I can remember everything! But rest assured we had plenty of play time this summer and we {I} are looking forward to the "calm" and structure that school brings.
Bring it on!

1 comment:

Jessica Hall said...

James is not getting OLD! get real :) He makes fun of old things and people.