Sunday, June 28, 2009

Noah

I don't know about all you other Utahns out there, but this past month has made me more grateful for Noah. Seriously, 40 days? We have only experienced 20 days or so of rain and I am rained out! And that's a lot to say for a northwest girl who loves the cooler weather and the beautiful green that accompanies it.
But yesterday I was able to make my way up the canyon to Jordanelle reservoir. Oh my, was it ever beautiful! I don't think I have ever seen Utah so green, especially in late June. It really was breathtaking, the reservoirs are filled more than I have ever seen them, and the waterfalls are roaring.
I have to go back because I was in a hurry to get back home to the family and had to rush past it all and I didn't get any pictures. But I did pick up a good sunburn and a case of the flu.
I was photographing the Rock Cliff Triathlon, which was pretty amazing, I am amazed at what people can do. Anyway, I loved the scenery and the serenity in the mountains. While I was photographing the running portion I was in a secluded part of the trail and all by myself between runners. Well, almost by myself. At one point I reached down to my backpack to get some water and found a visitor had decided to check me out - a SNAKE! I HATE SNAKES! It was a little disconcerting from then on out, amazing what those little slithering reptiles can do, goodbye serenity!

1 comment:

Lauri said...

I'm with you AAAAAAAA! You're always doing something new and exciting - I mean photographing a Tri-athalon? WoW. Hope you will show photos.